| WAUSAU SCHOOL DISTRICT EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSING PLANS
TO: All Wausau School District Staff, Parents, Students, and Media
FOR: All Schools Served by the Wausau School District
When it is necessary to close or delay the opening of school, one of the plans listed below will be followed. School closing or delay information will be announced over the following radio and television stations by 6:00 a.m. or earlier if possible:
|WSAU (AM) 550
||WOZZ (FM) 94.7
||WSPT (FM) 97.9
|WIFC (FM) 95.5
||WDEZ (FM) 101.9
||WJMT (AM) 730
|WRIG (AM) 1390
||WIZD (FM) 99.9
||WMZK (FM) 104.1
|WXCO (AM) 1230
||WSPT (AM) 1010
||TV Channel 7 & 9
PLAN FOR - SCHOOL CLOSING
Media Announcement – ALL WAUSAU PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS WILL BE CLOSED TODAY
1. Schools WILL NOT be open for instruction.
2. Students ARE NOT to report.
3. Teachers, secretaries/ aides, and food service staff (who work less than calendar year) DO NOT report to their respective schools.
4. Custodians and maintenance staff are to report to their respective work areas, or as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant, as soon as safety will allow.
5. Calendar year staff assigned to the following locations will report to work as soon as safety allows: Longfellow Administration Center, East and West High Schools, Horace Mann and John Muir Middle Schools and Maintenance and Operations Building (MOB).
6. All extra-curricular or evening activities will be canceled.
PLAN FOR – YELLOW SCHOOL BUS DELAY
Media Announcement - WAUSAU PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS WILL BE OPEN AT THEIR REGULAR TIME. FIRST STUDENT (YELLOW BUSES) WILL BEGIN THEIR ROUTES ONE (1) OR TWO (2) HOURS LATE. ALL PRESCHOOL CLASSES ARE CANCELED.
1. All pre-school classes are canceled. Teachers and support staff will report.
2. ALL STAFF WILL REPORT to their respective schools/buildings at the regular time.
3. Metro Ride (Express) buses will run their routes at the regular time.
4. Students will report to their respective schools at the regular time unless they are riding a yellow bus.
5. Breakfast and school lunches will be served at the regular time.
6. School dismissal will be at the regular time.
PLAN FOR – EMERGENCY DISMISSAL
1. Weather or mechanical breakdown may sometimes call for early or emergency dismissal. Each parent should be sure that their child is instructed where to go in case it is necessary for the child to arrive home from school early.
2. District wide emergency dismissal information will be announced on the radio and television stations listed above.
3. A mechanical breakdown in one school will not affect regular dismissal of the remaining schools in the District.
ANY ANNOUNCED SCHOOL CLOSING IS FOR THAT DAY ONLY